We are DFA
Membership in DFA connects nearly 13,000 dairy producers in 48 states. From an Amish farm in Pennsylvania with 50 cows to a 3,000-cow dairy in California, our members work hard to supply high-quality milk to the nation.
We know that dairy producers have a choice when looking to market their milk, and DFA strives to be a marketer of choice.
Dairy producers are not just members of DFA, they are owners. As owners, members receive:
- Earnings from the Cooperative. Profits are shared through annual patronage dividends based on member's patronage (volume) in DFA.
- An equal voice. Through our grassroots structure, each and every member is empowered to influence discussions regarding the business operations decisions of the Cooperative.
- A guaranteed market for their milk. The last thing on a dairy producer’s mind should be where their milk is going to go. As a supplier to leading food and beverage companies, DFA ensures that there is always a home for our members’ milk and that it will always be delivered fresh.
- A competitive price for their milk. As a leading national cooperative, DFA is able to work with other cooperatives throughout the country to comingle milk, creating efficiencies in hauling and reducing transportation costs. This also ensures that our members are receiving the best price for their quality product.
- Programs and services. DFA offers programs and services ranging from health and workers compensation insurance to price risk management tools, all designed to increase profitability and efficiency on members farms.
- Returns on investments made on their behalf. Through DFA, our members are invested in plants and brands throughout the country that not only produce returns that go back to our members, but also create additional markets for our members’ milk.