Please enter your User ID and Password to login.Close
Fact Sheet: DFA Fallon Plant
Plant Location: New River Industrial Park, Phase II, Fallon, Nev.
Construction Start: June 2012
Expected Completion: July 2013
Completed Size: 110,000 square feet
Investment: $85 million
Project Highlights: Using a state-of-the-art evaporator/dryer process, this greenfield milk processing plant will produce world-class quality powders for domestic and export use.
Jobs Added: Approximately 44
Project Engineer/General Contractor: Harris Construction – Fresno, Calif.
Processing Contractor: GEA Process Engineering Inc. – Hudson, Wis.
Consultants: Pacific Process LLC – New Zealand and EA Bonelli Architects – Oakland, Calif.
Plant Products: dried dairy ingredients (e.g., whole milk powder)
Nevada Dairy at a Glance
- 28 dairy farms (22 in the Fallon area)
- 22,143 pounds average milk production per cow annually
- 620 million pounds of milk production per year
- 3 processing facilities
Nevada is an ideal location for dairy farmers looking to start or expand an operation:
- Ample water and a climate conducive to agriculture
- Low feed costs with plentiful high desert grown, dairy-grade alfalfa hay
- Wide range of resources to support development
- State and local government incentives and programs
- Agriculture-friendly regulations
- No corporate or personal income, inheritance or business inventory tax