At Dairy Farmers of America, we believe it is important to invest in the next generation of leaders to ensure a bright future for the dairy industry. That is why we established the DFA Cares Foundation Scholarship Program.
The Foundation awards scholarships to three categories of students:
- Incoming freshmen: High school seniors or recent graduates who have been accepted to college, but have not yet started classes
- Undergraduate students: Students who are currently participating in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program, but have not yet graduated
- Graduate/professional students: Students enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program
Scholarships are available to students pursuing a career in the dairy industry or a related field:
- Dairy herd management/production
- Large animal veterinary medicine
- Quality assurance
- Dairy nutrition
- Dairy foods
- Must be enrolled in or applying for an accredited degree program during the 2014-2015 scholarship year
- Applicant’s commitment and passion for a career in the dairy industry, as demonstrated through responses to three essay questions
- Extracurricular activities, awards, recognition and work experience
- Academic achievement
Applications are due January 15, 2014, and must include two letters of recommendation and the most recent high school or college transcript.
Click here to submit the application online. If you are unable to submit an application electronically, call 816-801-6118.